Runaway Princesses

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

GLOG Hack: Runaway Princesses v1.0

Oh boy, it's done.
Well, one's GLOG hack is never really done - but this at least has claim to being a v1.0.

I've been obsessively sweating over this thing for several months now, it feels amazing to upload it in a decent shape. I hope you find something you like in it. It's got everything you need to play the game. I'm still working on classes, but you should be able to use any in the GLOGosphere (the best option) or on my blog to run it without issue.

Runaway Princesses Player's Handbook (v1.0)

If you want to print it out, I recommend doing so as an A5 booklet.

What's Cool About Runaway Princesses?
I guess I better give some reason why you should click on yet another GLOG hack, but they're all wonderful - check all the GLOG hacks out, all of them - live on a diet of purely GLOG hacks. 
  • Layout: I've put a frankly silly amount of attention into making the layout be both pretty and as clear and easy to use at the table as I can manage. Control panel layout, everything you need on a 1-page or 2-page spread (if you need to flick the page, I have failed, and you should tell me), use of bullet points like there's no tomorrow, the works. I hope it works for you. 
  • Recognizable, Easy System: It's got a lot of stuff from all over the place, but the core is 5e + GLOG with B/X numbers. If you want something easy to pick up, particularly for those filthy 5e players who you are trying to enlighten, RP might be a good shout.
  • Compatible with B/X and other GLOG hacks: You shouldn't have any trouble converting with B/X (OSE) or any GLOG hacks, classes, or other GLOG stuff. Let me know if you do!

Details
  • 3d6 stat generation. Modifiers as B/X.
  • Simple skill system - 5e Proficiency with a bit more customization, without getting fiddly.
  • Roll-over. All checks are DC 12 unless otherwise stated.
  • No saves - just use checks.
  • Inventory slots are 'readied' or 'stowed'. Like the quick access slots mechanic, but you don't need to keep rubbing stuff out and writing it in again everytime you shuffle around what's in your top 3 slots.
  • Consumables and weapon/armour durability rules. Shields can be splintered.
  • Side-based initiative, but DEX still matters.


Future Plans & "Stuff's Missing!"

  • D100 character quirks can be found in this blog post.
  • If you need a price list with weapon stats and hirelings use Skerples' Many Rats on Sticks.
  • If you need pursuit and hireling rules, use Arnold K's Lair of the Lamb.
  • If you need a character sheet, it's a lot of fun to make your own on a sheet of lined or dotted (my preferred option) A4/A5. But, I am working on one to print out for RP.
  • In the future, I plan to have all the above and upload an expansion for the game containing...
  • Optional tactical combat options.
  • Pursuit rules.
  • Hireling rules.
  • Dungeon and wilderness exploration.
  • GM stuff like random encounters, and how to convert NPC's from B/X.
  • I'm also working on a Class Folio with my GLOG classes in the same format as the PHB, but A4 so you can staple it to your A4 Character Sheet.


Hack It
Take it all apart, nab the things you like, rip apart the things you don't, ignore it all, tweak here and there. Do what you want with it, steal what you want from it.


Feed Me With Feedback
I'm ravenously hungry for any scraps of feedback I can get my filthy mittens on. 
Please, feed me.
Please.


Credits
The credits are at the end, but I'll put them here too, for good measure - I mean the whole thing is basically just a vault of stolen goods.

Without all these wonderful people, many of whom are on the creative, anarchistic utopia that is the GLOG channel on the OSR Discord, this would never exist...

Arnold Kemp, all hail: https://goblinpunch.blogspot.com/

Kevin Crawford: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/3482/Sine-Nomine-Publishing?term=sine+nomine++

Skerples: https://coinsandscrolls.blogspot.com/

Velexiraptor: https://crateredland.blogspot.com/
  • Thanks for the Bonds table!
Zoeology: https://princesses-and-pioneers.tumblr.com/
  • Thanks for the Drive/Quirk tables!
Ben Milton: http://questingblog.com/

Mike Mearls & Jeremy Crawford: They designed 5e. Some of itisactuallycool,andthus,wasstolen.

Dreaming Dragonslayer: https://dreamingdragonslayer.wordpress.com/
• For the knowledge check procedure.

The Screeching Gretchlings: As well as being the name of my band should I ever make one, I'm actually thanking all the wonderful people on the delightful GLOG
Ghetto channel from the OSR Discord. I love you guys. Thanks for everything, team.

The title is named after my sister. Get better soon.




2 comments: